100 Everyday Adventures
I have decided that 2014 is going to be an amazing year, so I bought Leonie Dawson’s Create Your Amazing Year Life and Biz workbook to help me create it.
Out of the workbook, I bring you:
100 Everyday Adventures!
or, things I’m going to do this year.
1. Create a foundation of physical health to build my life upon as my number one priority.
Enter #projectMILF! You may have heard me say that pregnancy was pretty tough on my body (and soul). I had hip issues that meant I couldn’t exercise for most of the pregnancy, and I ate a LOT of chocolate and ice cream. Like, a lot. So number one, I want to move my bod, and eat things that support both my health and my happiness!
2. Quit sugar for 6 months – fruit only from 1 Jan – 30 June
Wellllll, January didn’t go so well with this one, as I found that eating fruit kept derailing me. So I went sugar free for FebFast! No fruit, no sugar, no sweeteners. So a month late but so far huge success!
3. Consistently do my CHEK training.
My Personal Trainer is rad, and she’s a CHEK therapist. Watch this space for #projectMILF pics, I’ve been moving my buns a lot!
4. Have a dentist appointment
Most people probably don’t think they need this on their annual To-Do list, but… I haven’t been to the dentist in 5 years. Eeeeek!! I hope the oil pulling has helped, or things could get nasty in the chair.
5. Get my moles checked.
I live in a sunny country, people!
6. Make and eat bone broth
7. Make and eat saurkraut
Have a physio appointment in January
Done! This was to check my hip post-pregnancy and birth, and the good news is I’m doing well!
9. Fix my bike tyres and go for bike rides
10. Do some post-natal mums and bubs yoga
11. Swim in the ocean regularly during summer
12. Go for regular beach and bush walks
13. Drink green smoothies again
14. Have connected and loving relationships with my family and friends
15. Focus on my relationship with my mum
16. Connect with my in laws on skype regularly
17. Send 52 cards
18. Continue and complete the #Charlie365 project
Here’s a cute one for you!
19. Finish alphabet dating
20. Have 12 date nights with the hubster
21. Eat together at the table weekly
22. Join gymbaroo with the little dude
23. Read books to the little dude
24. Visit two friends in different cities
25. Cultivate friendships with 13 particular friends
26. Be involved with my mothers’ group
27. Host 6 dinner parties
28. Connect with 3 new friends this year
29. Buy birthday presents for friends
30. Foster my spirituality and raise my vibration
31. Have one evening per week screen free
32. Have monthly energetic work/kinesiology/acupuncture/hypnotherapy etc
I have recently signed up for Soul Sessions with the beautiful Samantha Nolan-Smith, and have been doing heavy duty energetic clearing in the first few months of this year.
33. Go to Radiance Dance
34. Meditate regularly throughout the year.
If you’re interested in meditation, check out the Chopra Centre’s free programs. I use them all the time.
35. Do a laughing yoga class
The husbandito didn’t know this was on my list, and sent me a train-to-be-a-laughing-yoga teacher thing. A sign from the universe, perhaps?
36. Avoid gossip
Home Sweet Home
37. Make our home a sanctuary
38. Get a fold out couch for little C’s room
39. Get our filing organised
It’s always a party at The Everyday Adventure headquarters! 😉
40. Sort out the pictures on the wall.
They’re hung all mishmash on the hooks that were there. I want to make it look stylin’.
41. Print and frame a wedding photo. (Our wedding was over two years ago!)
Get spare tyre patched.
43. Sort out wills. (Thought this one was important now that we have a bambino)
Get a toybox
45. Tidy my desk area monthly.
I let clutter take over my life sometimes, and need to clear the clutter to clear the energy.
Live an Adventure
46. Lead a joyful life full of fun and adventure.
47. Go to every Sydney farmers’ market
So far this year I’ve been to: Eveleigh, Double Bay, Leichardt, Entertainment Quarter and Bondi. More to come!
48. Have a day at Watemalo Beach
Compete in an adventure race.
Tick! Last weekend I completed the Miss Muddy obstacle race. So much fun! I’m going to see if I can find another one to do. This time I may do a bit more running training…
See 3 movies
I’ve already managed to do this one – The Book Thief at the Centennial Park Moonlight Cinema (that I love); Wolf of Wall Street, solo one rainy afternoon while the husband looked after the child; and American Hustle. All good picks. And I take selfies in the cinema.
51. Put together photo albums from years past
52. Spend a day at the Coogee Ladies’ Baths
I can’t believe it took me 18 months of living in Coogee to get here. Best rockpool in Sydney. That’s me down there!
53. Do a visitors wall (which will require getting a polaroid camera or small printer)
54. Visit a city I’ve never been to
55. Have a ‘We survived the first year party’ when the little dude turns 1
56. Get my violin down from the cupboard and play it again (it’s been 8 years. I may sound like a screeching cat)
57. Find some music I love to listen to
My latest fave is:
58. Have a weekly riding lesson.
If you follow me on Instagram, then you’ll know this one is off to a flying start!
59. Work at the stables
60. December: have a festival of Christmas and go completely overboard
61. December: have an advent calendar
62. Try anti-gravity yoga
63. Do a barre class
64. Go to No Lights No Lycra dance class
Travel and Wanderlust
65. Travel as much as possible
66. Go to the World Domination Summit in the USA in July
67. Go on a family camping trip (the last one we had was when the little dude was still in bump form)
68. Go to my sister in law’s wedding in May. (ok, so this is a given, but it’s still a trip away, and still something I want to do!
69. Go away with our dude-a-liscious Dutch friends following the wedding.
Tickets to Sardinia booked!!
70. Go to a wedding in Italy in August followed by a wedding in the UK in September
71. Visit my brother and his family on the Gold Coast twice this year.
72. Visit my sister in Melbourne.
This is coming together as an unexpected impromptu trip! I’m actually there AS YOU READ THIS*! Awesome. This is us being nong-brains last time I visited.
73. Visit my cousin and her awesome family in Forbes, country NSW.
74. Go to a country town festival.
75. Look after my appearance, and give myself permission to spend money on that!
76. Get 4 haircuts this year (most people probably don’t need this as a goal. The last time I got a haircut was in June 2013. It is 1 March as I write this!)
77. Get 2 pedicures with friends.
78. Do seasonal clothes shopping
I did a spring shop, using a stylist and everything. Success!
79. Have 3 massages
80. Repeat affirmations
Learning and Growth
81. Learn new things and expand my mind
82. Read every book in the house that I haven’t read yet
83. Do a course through the Khan Academy
84. Do some type of creative or artistic course
85. Actively grow my business and shape my career
86. Do weekly blog posts
87. Get 12 guest posts published
88. Launch the Everyday Adventure challenge!
89. Get my list to xx subscribers.
90. Do a Laneways Learnings presentation
91. Host a games day I’ve been talking about for ages!
92. Get a new laptop
93. Release my maternity leave
94. Get to a place where I’d be happy being a mentor at my old school
95. Join a business Mastermind or find a coach
96 – 100 Still to be determined, I have 5 spots! Put your suggestions in the comments below!
What’s on your bucket list this year? Let me know in the comments below!
*If you read this when it was posted. At a later date, I cannot guarantee my whereabouts.
Like this post? Get your FREE Cheat Sheet
50 Things To Do Right Now When You’re Bored!
… and receive regular updates as well 🙂