5 Lessons From My Winter Warmer Workshop
I held my winter warmer on the weekend with great success. We had fun, we laughed, and people said such lovely things as:
Hey Sam, thank you for a great afternoon on Saturday. Was really nice to
meet you and all the other lovely girls that attended….I really enjoyed
the way you presented the content and your enthusiasm! I have definitely
been in hibernation mode so look forward to trialling a few of you
strategies and beginning the online challenge.
Just dropping you a note to let you know how much I enjoyed yesterday! You are a natural at bringing people together and I hope you run more events.
And that the worst part of the day was leaving. Thank you lovely ladies!
If that’s already piqued your interest, you can find out more about my next event here. Similar content, an additional presenter, a longer day!
But back to the Winter Warmer and lessons that we all took away.
- Having fun and living playfully starts with a choice. We all made lists of fun things to do that take just five minutes. No matter how busy you are, you can choose to take 5 minutes to yourself to play. Once you start with the 5 minutes of fun, you can spread that out to the rest of your life. Once that 5 minutes was fun, maybe you’ll start to prioritise half an hour of play, then half a day, then all of a sudden allowing yourself 5 minutes of playfulness will translate to a life that makes you smile and smile.
- Laughter really is the best medicine. The day kicked off with a bit of laughter yoga, and I could see some sceptical faces as we walked around shaking hands and laughing like maniacs. Sure enough though, it caught on and by the end we all had sore stomachs and huge, wide grins. So if you’re feeling down, check out some funny you tube clips, fake laugh until you laugh for real, call a friend just to tell them a joke. Laughter is contagious (and basically the best thing ever).
- Life change can come from simple exercises. Lots of us get bogged down thinking about huge changes that we need to make – quit our job, break up with a partner, change our whole friendship group, travel to the other side of the world – before we can be happy. We talked extensively about Morning Pages on the day, and one of the attendees shared an amazing story. She was in a bit of a bad place a few years ago and spent 5 months studiously doing Morning Pages every day. At the end of 5 months, one of her morning pages was her business plan, it just rolled right out with no effort at all. That’s what she does today! Simple tool, profound impact.
- Surround yourself with people who live how you want to live. Jim Rohn said “you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” So if you want to be happy, ambitious, joyful, adventurous, free, then you need to surround yourself with people who live and want the same. I gathered together a roomful of people who (mainly) didn’t know each other, and afternoon tea time took a while to wrap up as everyone was too busy chatting and connecting!. So if you seek connection, look for people living lives you crave in a manner that you love. Your life will start to shape to be like those you spend your time with.
- There is always, always time to play. This group of amazing women decided to take an afternoon to choose joy, choose fun, choose change, choose themselves. One of the women had her first afternoon away from her young children! If you choose yourself and choose happiness, then beautiful things will flow from there.
If you’re ready to do the same, then pick up your ticket for my next event here.
I’d love to see you there!
Like this post? Get your FREE Cheat Sheet
50 Things To Do Right Now When You’re Bored!
… and receive regular updates as well 🙂