Come on a Scavenger Hunt around Canberra!
All new route and clues (so it’s totally suitable for returning adventurers)!
Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th August from 1-4pm starting at Canberra Glassworks, Kingston.
The first Canberra Scavenger Hunt was a huge success, so now it’s coming back for a full weekend of adventures.
Here’s our number one thing to do in Canberra this weekend! So cool!! I can see why it sold out!
What’s a scavenger hunt all about?
It’s about good times, my friend.
Think Amazing Race meets treasure hunt meets walking-tour-on-Red-Bull. You’ll explore the city finding tricky clues, performing witty challenges – and searching for hidden gems and secret alleys you’ve never been down before. Take some time out for joy, happiness and adventure, life doesn’t have to be so serious Head into work on Monday raving about what an amazing and hilarious time you had (and maybe bragging about your team’s win!). No more, ‘Oh, I just had a quiet one’ as you shuffle off to the coffee machine.
Don’t just take my word for how amazing it is!
These past racers have a few choice words to add.
I laughed all day at everything! Awesome fun.
I loved talking to random people along the way. Definitely worth doing – a great adventure in the city.
So fun and creative! Loved every minute, 5 stars.
Do you want to see some snaps from the last time we were in Canberra?
How does it work?
- Form a team of 3-5 friends. If you’ve got less than 3 (or are an awesome solo flyer!) let me know and I will hook you up, I love matchmaking friends!
- Check out the map below for the meeting spot. Registration is 1:00pm, where you’ll collect your team instructions (and meet your teammates if you didn’t bring them with you);
- Head off into the world at 1:30pm.
- Follow your instructions to find new places, speak to locals, complete challenges, take lots of photos and see things you haven’t seen before;
- Spend 2 hours completing and finding as many of the items on the instructions sheet as possible. Explore, laugh and have fun!
- Return to the finishing point (in the instructions sheet) by 3:30pm and hand in your answers;
- Eat, drink and be merry while results are tallied*;
- *(price of eating and drinking not included in the ticket – though being merry will be 100% on the house)
- Find out who the winners are at 4:00pm. The fame! The glory! The prizes for the winners!
- Go home happy or stay and have some drinks with your new (and old) friends. Tell your friends how awesome it was. Tally up your Instagram and Facebook likes from friends watching with envy from the sidelines and feel smug about having the MOST FUN DAY EVER!
Tell me the details already!
- Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th August
- Start 1:00pm
- End 4:00pm
Arrival and Movements:
- Arrive at 1:00pm to sign in, meet your team, collect your hunt instructions and join a quick briefing;
- Head off into the world to find things and be merry;
- Return to the finishing spot by 3:30pm sharp to hand in your answers;
- Bring about $5 for (optional) purchases along the route;
- Winners and prizes announced at 4:00pm!
Where we’ll meet:
Meet at Canberra Glassworks, 11 Wentworth Ave, Kingston 2604. Click the image above to be taken to an interactive map.
Ready to collect your ticket?
Here are some more awesome things that awesome scavengers have said.
The scavenger hunt that Sam from The Everyday Adventure organised was INCREDIBLE. We were totally impressed with how detailed, well thought out and FUN the challenges were – and the added bonuses of us seeing so much of the city, and getting to know our team mates so much better.
Yes Yes Marsha
There is no better (or more fun) way to explore and discover any city than doing The Everyday Adventure’s Scavenger Hunt! I had a blast and can’t wait to do another one!
Mind Body Wise
Samantha Sutherland is a genuine treasure. She is a joy to be around. Her laughter is contagious. I recently had the pleasure of participating in her Scavenger Hunt, which was a great way to discover Chicago. Large and small, fun and challenging . . . This event absolutely delighted.
You picked awesome places! I learned things about the city that I would never have discovered on my own and you found the hidden gems that would have been invisible to a regular tourist.
Im so glad you’re in!
It’s going to be amazing.
Tips and Tricks
Don’t leave home without ’em!
Q.What time does it start?
A.1pm my friend! Be there or be square.
The first 15-20 minutes will be taken up with signing everyone in, allocating teams to solos and pairs, and receiving your instructions.
Q.How does it work?
A.When you register you’ll receive all your instructions. There will be a list of things to find/challenges to do/places to go, and various ways of proving that you’ve done it. You have 2 hours to do or find as many of the challenges as you can before racing to the finish line and handing in your answers. There will be a brief hiatus as points are collated and then winners will be announced!
Q.What do I have to wear?
A.You’ll be on the move for two hours, so wear shoes you can walk in. Bring some water to hydrate along the way #ExtremeSports* and slip slip slap if it’s sunny. I don’t want anyone getting sunburnt on my watch! Other than that, just make sure you’re comfortable.
*not extreme at all.
Q.How much will it cost me along the way?
A.There are a few (optional) challenges along the way that may cost a small amount of money. Please bring about five dollars to cover those costs, and keep in mind they are all totally optional!
Q.Do I have to make up my own team?
A.No! Teams are made up of up to 3-5 people. If you do have your own team – great! If you don’t have your own team – great! I’ll sort you right out with some fellow competitors on the day.