What’s It All About?
A day challenging yourself and feeling free in nature!
Do you feel:
- Trapped? In your job, at home with children, in your life generally?
- Stuck in a rut? So every time you go out you always end up doing the same thing?
- Scared? Or at least, adventure-less.
- It’s been a while since you did something really exciting?
- Too comfortable? You’re been playing safe for a long time now…
Are you ready for a change?
- Journey to a treehouse. In the heart of the forest we’ll look into your hearts and work out where you’re trapped, in a rut, feeling unhappy or ready for a change;
- Use meditation to calm your mind and movement to calm your body, so we can look at your life free from disctraction;
- Walk away relaxed and rejuvenated after a time in nature, and take that feeling into busyness of everyday life;
- Connect with like-minded people and carry new friendships (with people who get you) back to ‘real life’;
- Challenge yourself and face your fears as we swing from the trees doing an adventure ropes course, and take that sense of adventure back home – you know you can do it!;
- Come away with a new-found confidence as you empower yourself to succeed, which will help you have the guts to build a life you truly love;
- Let go of what’s stopping you in your life during a group workshop, so you can get out of the rut, stop feeling trapped, and just be happier;
- Take home an individualised action plan for how and what to change, so your journey to happiness will continue once the day is over;
- Have an adventure! Go home knowing you are once again someone who seeks out new experiences to create the life you WANT to lead;
- Feel happy, feel free. When was the last time you felt that?
- Give yourself the chance to go home happier, healthier, stronger in both mind and body and ready to love your life;
“Life is pure adventure, and the sooner we realise that, the quicker we will be able to treat life as art.”
– Maya Angelou
What, When, Where
- Saturday, 22nd November
- Start 9am
- Finish 4pm
- Freedom – of body and spirit;
- Connection – with yourself and with new friends;
- Adventure – step out of your comfort zone!
What We’ll Be Doing
- Begin with a meditation and intention setting in the forest;
- Adventuring on a ropes course, suitable for all levels (black run challenge available for the hard core!);
- Understanding where we’re feeling trapped and how to release that;
- Reflecting on the course, the challenges, the day;
- Connecting over a picnic lunch (included);
Where We’ll Be
- Out in nature, in Ourimbah National Park
- Just over 1 hour north of Sydney
- I can help arrange car pooling if you can’t get there, so don’t let a lack of wheels hold you back!
Q.What Do I Need To Wear and Bring?
A.You need to wear closed shoes suitable for walking over uneven terrain and clothes that are comfortable to move in. Pack plenty of bottled water, bring a backpack suitable for hiking (not a handbag) and always bring a sense of humour!
Q.Is This For Everyone?
A.Almost! The course is not suitable for pregnant women, or anyone with back or heart conditions, or any injuries affecting your mobility. There’s a maximum weight limit of 120kg on the course.
Q.What Happens If It Rains?
A.We will soldier on! The event will go ahead if it rains, except in the case of extreme downpours. In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather, you will be offered a full refund.
Q.Is It Suitable For All Fitness Levels?
A.We will be walking over uneven ground for approximately one hour, so you do need to be fit enough to do that. The ropes course is suitable for all fitness levels, and gets progressively more difficult (with exit points along the way), so everyone will be challenged! You don’t need to be able to run a marathon or climb a tree, but a moderate level of fitness will mean you get the most out of the day.
Q.How Do I Get There?
A.We will be meeting in a car park on Red Hill Road in Ourimbah State Forest. From Sydney, follow the Pacific Highway/M1 north towards Chatswood and Newcastle. Join the F3 freeway towards Newcastle, exit onto Wyong Road towards Wyong, turn left onto Yarramalong Road, then left onto Red Hill Road. We will be meeting in a car park approximately 2km down the road.
Q.Is lunch provided? (and what if I’m vegetarian?)
A.Yes! You will get lunch and snacks (but need to bring your own water). All dietary requirements can be catered for, just let me know when you sign up!