Why Are We Here?
I’m Sam. I’m 30-something and I live in Sydney, Australia with my husbandito and a bump that’s about to pop. I spent 10 years in the corporate world before the pull for ‘more’ got too strong for me to ignore. So I qualified as a holistic health coach at IIN in New York, changed my career to give me back more time, and decided to explore a life of adventure!
So here we are, looking for some Everyday Adventures!
By now, approximately 2 people are reading this – my husband and my sister – but we’ve all got to start somewhere! I’m here to live an inspiration, and find people who inspire me back!
I thought I’d lay out what I’m doing here so you know why to visit me (and because a goal is more likely to be met if you write it down. And even more likely to be met if you tell other people about it!)
So these are the things I want to do:
- Live an exciting life;
- Find ways to shake things up without leaving town;
- But to be able to leave town when I want to!
- Connect with other adventure seekers;
- Live with passion and excitement, all the time!
- Make a life where I am, and not be chasing the ‘more’;
- Work out how to do all this with my bump, which will no longer be a bump in about 4 weeks time.
I’ll be writing about:
- My adventures – past, present and future – hoping to inspire some adventure in your life, and hoping for some inspiration right back at me, to encourage my journey from cubicle slave to free-wheeling adventurer!
- Amazing entrepreneurs who are living their dream lives, and how they got there.
- Food (just a bit) and how to eat for energy so you can live life to the max, free from interruption from the 3pm crash that gets life down.
- Personal development, and how we can think about ourselves, the world and all the opportunities we meet to make things exciting, every day!
I want to challenge the way we normally live, and the daily grind of
wake, work, lunch at our desk, work, gym, TV, bed, repeat….
and how to escape the 9-5 drudgery without quitting your job or leaving the country. Although leaving the country is definitely encouraged!!
How did I end up here?
I’ve had a ‘successful’ career, climbing the corporate ranks (more on that in a later post) but never escaping the feeling that there must be something more to life. I finally decided to take a leap to explore what ‘more’ means to me, and this site is all about that exploration!
What I’ll be doing:
- Weekly blog posts about ways to explore your life on your own terms, and my journey to discover the same thing
- Encouraging you to turn off the TV and have some adventures!
- Eating and moving for energy – take care of your body so it can take care of you and you can live life to the fullest.
- Finding and interviewing inspirational people, who live lives I want to share!
I hope you enjoy the journey.
Like this post? Get your FREE Cheat Sheet
50 Things To Do Right Now When You’re Bored!
… and receive regular updates as well 🙂